Dunlewey Addiction services feel it’s important to be part of Safer Gambling Week 2020, as we know how difficult it can be to take the first step into counselling. Our mission statement “unlocking the door to personal growth, learning and change” represents our belief that everyone has it within them the capacity to change and develop as unique individuals.
Dunlewey works hard to make sure that you are treated respectfully in a warm and friendly environment. All within a confidential setting and without judgment.
Below is a list of behaviours that may suggest you have or may develop a problem with gambling.
In the past 12 months, have you:
- Bet more than you could really afford to lose?
- Gone back on another day to try to win back money you have lost?
- Borrowed money or sold anything to gamble?
- Felt guilty about the way you gamble or what happens when you gamble?
- Experienced the health problems such as stress or anxiety as a result of Gambling?
- Been affected by someone else’s gambling?
If you want to talk, we offer a free nationwide service, the easiest way to contact Dunlewey is simply to pick up the phone.
NI: 08000 886 725 / ROI: 1800 936 725
Safer Gambling Week aims to stimulate conversation about safer gambling – for those who gamble themselves, as well as their family and friends.
The key objectives of Safer Gambling Week are to raise awareness of how to gamble more safely, and the tools that are available to help people do this. It also raises awareness of the various sources of advice and support if people are concerned about gambling.
The key messages for the week are:
- Ask yourself… have you carried on past your spending limit?
- Just a heads up… it’s good to set yourself limits
- Just a heads up… it’s easy to lose track of time when gambling
- Play smart… know when to stop
- Remember… friends and family are more important than gambling
- Remember… gambling is not a way to make money
Contact the Dunlewey HelpLine on 1800 936 725 or 08000 886 725 to find out more about the counselling and support services available in your area.