The Dunlewey Centre – Addiction Services
We offer a wide range of counselling services, researched and developed to meet the unique emotional and mental health needs of individuals, and their families. We can help people recovering from alcohol, drugs and related addictions. We have many years of experience in dealing with people suffering from these diseases, and use it to assist many people on their road to recovery.
We provide counselling both for clients on a phone-in basis, or in one-to-one sessions provided by qualified counsellors across the country. All of our sessions are free, and strictly confidential.
Our Counselling Services are also of great help to people who have recently completed treatment and are getting back to work and to home life. Some of the difficulties we treat include:
- Substance Misuse Counselling
- 1-1 Counselling for Problem Gambling
- Family Support
- Structured Day Care Programmes
- Face to Face Counselling sessions available all across Ireland, Free of charge
Services for young people under 18
We provide counselling, mentoring and peer education services across a wide geographical area from Newtownabbey to Portrush with satellites in most towns in between.
Dunlewey does not wish to restrict the choices or opportunities for anyone to operate, or take part in, gambling activities that are legally available in Ireland. However, we ask that you keep the following simple messages in mind when you gamble.
We want people to enjoy their recreation and spare time, but do not forget that being responsible is key to staying safe, out of trouble and making sure things remain fun.
- You’re buying fun, not investing your money
- Before playing, set strict limits on how much time and money you’re going to spend
- Quit while you’re ahead
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose
- Don’t spend more money on gambling with the hope to win back money that you have lost
- Keep up other interests and hobbies – don’t let gambling take over your life
- Don’t gamble in order to escape from stress or boredom
- Gambling in moderation is okay
- The key is… if you choose to gamble, gamble responsibly!